DELIVERING EDUCTION SERVICE IN KAZO SINCE 2018/2021
As a result of UPE which started in 1997 and use in 2007 literacy rate has improved from 43% to 75%.
Many UPE beneficiaries have from universities and other tertiary intuitions.
Improved access, in Kazo currently 39 parishes have got 63 government primary school and only 7 parishes have not got primary schools coded but it is in the process since we submitted which constitutes 84.7% of parishes with primary schools.
We have 6 government secondary schools out of 8 traditional sub-counties which makes it 75% of secondary schools accessibility. We hope in this term 2021-2026, schools od Nkungu S/C, Kazo S/C and presidential pledge of Burunga S.S will be constructed.
Salary enhancement, government has consistent and progressively increased teachers pay along different education level (primary-Tertiary) in Kazo District.
We have one hundred fourteen (114) secondary schools’ teachers and six hundred one (601) primary teachers and six education department staff as follows;
- Agume Robert- District Education Officer
- Tumwesigye john Bosco-District Inspector Of Schools
- Aitakatahire Robert-Education Officer / Guidance And Counselling
- Arinda sarah- Inspector Of Schools
- Natukunda Christine - Inspector Of Schools
- Abaho Frank – Sports Officer
The District contains all schools
Construction of class room blocks at primary level;
- Mbogo turibamwe P/S
- Kijuma P/S
- Burunga P/S
- Kataraza P/S
- Kyabahura II P/S
- Omuntebe P/S
- Nyungu P/S
- Kitamba P/S (staff house)
- Mirama P/S (staff house)
- Kitongore P/S (staff house)
- Rwakahaya P/S (staff house)
- Akati P/S
- Kazo model P/S
- Nyabubaare P/S
- Kanoni P/S
- Kagaramira P/S
- Kashenyanku P/S
- Omungari P/S
- Orwigi P/S
- Ngomba P/S
- Buteraniro P/S
- St. Pauls Rwemikoma P/S
- Gabarungi P/S
- Recruitment and promotion of teachers in primary schools.
- Construction of 42 rain water harvesting tanks to both private and government schools.
Grant aiding Engari secondary and recruitment of 27 teachers at the school.
- Construction and expansion of administration block at Rwemikoma ss
- Procurement and distribution and distribution of scholastic materials to government schools.
- Recruitment and deployment of 42 teachers in 6 secondary schools.
Continued payment of capitation grant to Government schools.
- Construction and completion of kazo technical institute.
- Release of 500 m for completing of remaining facilities at kazo technical school.
Planned operationalized on by 2022.